From our office in Edmonton, the Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) provides pension administration and investment management expertise, to serve our more than 80,000 members. ATRF administers the Teachers' Pension Plan for Alberta teachers employed in school jurisdictions and charter schools. ATRF also administers the Private School Teachers' Pension Plan for teachers employed by private schools in Alberta that have joined the plan.
Meeting the pension promise involves two core business areas: pension administration and investment management. We take pride in providing exceptional member-focused services and information to our plan members, resulting in consistently high member satisfaction. We also strive to deliver outstanding investment management of the Plan's $18 billion globally diversified investment portfolio. Fund assets are managed on an active basis by a team of internal investment professionals.
Together, these core businesses ensure members receive the pension promise: a secure retirement income that helps them realize the goals they have long worked for and planned. Our corporate values of excellence, accountability, integrity and partnership are integral to us achieving these objectives. In addition, strong corporate support services including finance, human resources, IT, legal counsel and communications are vital to our success.
ATRF Corporate Values
- We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do.
- We set measurable targets and evaluate our progress towards achieving them.
- We aim to be an employer of choice.
- We take responsibility for our actions and results.
- We operate with transparency and open communication.
- We are guided in all of our actions by our fiduciary responsibility.
- We value and respect employees, plan members and stakeholders.
- We treat individuals and groups equitably and honestly.
- We ensure our conduct is ethical and responsible.
- We achieve more working together than as individuals.
- We pursue mutual respect and dignity in our dealings with others.
- We build strong and collaborative relationships.
What We Offer
ATRF is an equal opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and an excellent working environment. Below are some of the benefits provided to ATRF employees:
- 100% employer paid health benefits
- Health Spending Account/Wellness Spending Account
- Paid volunteer time
- Three weeks' annual vacation for new employees
- Flexible work arrangement for eligible employment positions
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan through the Local Authorities Pension Plan
- Professional development and education support programs
- Corporate support for social activities
- Free parking
2021 Alberta's Top Employer Award
For the fifth consecutive year, ATRF has been recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers! This special designation recognizes Alberta employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. Read the article.
See selection criteria