The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
We are looking for open-minded and intellectually curious individuals to work on the management of our internal Canadian equity portfolio and ultimately transition to our new global equity strategy. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Public Equities to conduct fundamental research on both companies and industries along with supplementing their analysis through interactions with corporate management teams and other investment professionals. The ultimate objective of this research process is to provide value-added security selection through financial and business analysis with a strict focus on valuation.
The Senior Investment Analyst will develop and maintain relationships with investment dealers, analysts, industry participants and management teams of current and prospective investment holdings. The position will also be required to build strong relationships with ATRF's other asset class groups to aid in achieving the performance goals of the organization.
The position will conduct rigorous and in-depth financial analysis, business model assessment, management meeting interviews, business valuation and ultimately make investment recommendations on holdings for our portfolio. Initial research will focus on the existing universe of Canadian securities but will quickly expand to include developed market global equities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics or equivalent.
- Preference will be given to CFA charterholders or other professional designations. Candidates who have made substantial progress toward such a designation may also be considered.
- A minimum of three years experience in the industry, with material exposure to investment evaluation and business analysis.
- Past investment experience covering specific industries or direct industry experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of equity portfolio construction and security selection.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and spreadsheet proficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
As one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers (2017, 2018) we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
For a detail job description click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.