The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $17 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst – Investments to join our dynamic, team-oriented organization. This position is a member of the Applications Development team which has the broad responsibility of providing and supporting business solutions, either through custom software development, third-party applications, or a combination thereof.
This position will mostly work on Investment Management related projects and operations which will likely re-imagine the way ATRF manages and thinks about its investment assets and risks. For more information, please see the following message from our Chief Investment Officer (CIO):
The Senior Business Analyst works in partnership and in a collaborative manner with members of various front, mid, and back office investment teams to support, identify, design, create, and implement various investment management related business solutions.
- Senior role in the business analysis, application development, documentation, quality assurance, implementation, and maintenance of business solutions.
- Engages both internal and external clients and resources in the development, support and enhancement of business solutions.
- Mentor other team members on business analysis and application development.
- Provide overall I.T. teamwork support as required.
- Assist in operational effectiveness, security, and risk management initiatives.
- Engage in various research and development initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business, Finance, or a related field.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in business analysis and application development.
- A background that includes effective collaboration with other key business areas, including front and back offices within investment firms.
- Experience with Investment Management related systems is required. Example systems may include Bloomberg, Charles River, SimCorp, Eagle, and SS&C.
- Proficiency in preparing business requirements documents, project documents, design documents, test cases, and fit/gap analysis.
- Demonstrable experience with programming languages (C#/C++, Python, or R) and database technologies (MS SQL Server, T-SQL, IBM DB2, or other relational databases) is required.
- A Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) and/or a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential would be a strong asset.
As one of Alberta's Top Employers for the last three consecutive years we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
For a detailed job description click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.