The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our dynamic, team-oriented organization. The Project Manager is accountable for leading strategic and innovative projects and ensures that projects are completed on time, on budget, in scope, with measurable quality, and are aligned with respect to business strategies and objectives.
The position reports directly to the Director, Application Development and assists in project management practices and methodologies as well as guiding various project teams to successful project delivery.
The Project Manager works in partnership and in a collaborative manner with various project team members, senior leadership, project sponsors, and third-party vendors to ensure that project objectives and deliverables are met. The position effectively manages communication between the various project teams and project stakeholders. The Project Manager is also expected to guide, mentor, and build various collaborative teams for project delivery.
Overall, the Project Manager ensures successful delivery of projects, effectively managing project scope, budget, schedule, quality, project expectations, and stakeholder satisfaction. The Project Manager understands project requirements and manages the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing phases of a project.
The initial focus for this position will be to assist a newly established Investments Transformation Office in organizing and supporting a program of initiatives to evolve our strategic approach to investment management. The position also will have responsibilities for other types of projects as determined by ATRF's business plan and strategic direction.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years' experience leading projects, with 10+ years' overall experience working in a project capacity delivering business solutions, preferably in a finance sector
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies
- Experience with various investment management systems is preferred
- Completion of an accredited 4-year university degree in business, computing science, or engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- One or more of the following certifications or charters would be an asset: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP); Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Investment Foundations Program; or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
As one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers (2017, 2018) we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a global-minded organization and take pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For a detailed job description, click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.