The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
In 2018, ATRF has embarked into a multi-year initiative called Project Lantern to ensure we continuously meet our evolving clients' expectations. Project Lantern is about assessing and modernizing how we deliver services to our members and employers for years to come. It is about understanding how our clients want to consume services, interact and transact with us in the future, while building on our existing solid foundation and service attributes that our clients appreciate. Enhanced experience for members, employers and ATRF staff is at the heart of this project.
We are seeking enthusiastic Pension Specialists in Member Services and Pension Analysts in Data and Employer Services to continue delivering exceptional Pension Services operations and allow resources to be allocated to Project Lantern. These permanent positions are members of the Pension Services team which has a broad responsibility in all aspects of the delivery of high quality pension services at ATRF.
The Pension Specialists and Pension Analysts will partner with key individuals in various departments across the organization and will interact on a day-to-day basis with plan members, beneficiaries, other representatives and employers.
As a Pension Specialist, Member Services you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of all member transactions including retirement, termination, death, reciprocal transfers and service purchases.
- Processing and peer reviewing benefit payments and other transactions.
- Providing excellent customer service by communicating with plan members and beneficiaries about their pension entitlements and responding to their questions and requests verbally and in writing.
As a Pension Analyst in Data and Employer Services, you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring timely and complete reporting of employer data by fostering relationships, including providing training to employers on the reporting software and reporting processes.
- Conducting reconciliations of the employer data and ensuring all required data for the administration of the plan are accurately reported and available for the benefit transactions.
- Data management, analytics and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- A post-graduate diploma in business or other relevant field, plus at least two years of experience in pension administration or related experience.
- A Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC) designation or equivalent would be an asset.
- Exceptional customer service. Have an interest in working directly with plan members and employers in a professional and highly regulated industry.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Being fluent in both French and English would be an asset.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong aptitude for math.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office as well as the adaptability to learn in-house systems.
- The ability to identify inefficiencies with processes and recommend improvements.
As one of Alberta's Top Employers for the last three consecutive years we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
For a detailed job profile for the Pension Specialist position, click here. For a detailed job profile for the Pension Analyst position, click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.