The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
We are seeking a Pension Specialist – Member Services. The position is a member of the Pension Services team which has a broad responsibility in all aspects of the delivery of Pension Services at ATRF.
The Pension Specialist – Member Services will partner with key individuals in various departments across the organization and external consultants for sharing information as appropriate, in an effort to provide more effective benefit delivery.
Reporting to the Manager, Member Services, the Pension Specialist – Member Services is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of all member transactions including retirement, termination, death, reciprocal transfers, service purchases, as well as peer reviewing benefit payments, adjustments, and other transactions. The Pension Specialist - Member Services communicates with members, their representatives, as well as employers, and analyzes and reconciles employer data as it relates to the payment of benefits.
Strong attention to detail, the ability to accurately follow all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures, demonstrated abilities in testing system changes and problem solving, and high customer service focus are pertinent to this role.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate for this role will need a minimum of:
- A post-graduate diploma in business or benefits, plus three to five years of experience in pension administration.
- A Certified Employee Benefit Specialist designation or equivalent would be an asset.
- Have an interest in working directly with plan members and employers in a professional and highly regulated industry.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service and communication skills. If you are Bilingual in both French and English that would also be an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong aptitude for math.
- The ability to identify inefficiencies with processes and recommend improvements.
What we are offering
- Very competitive total compensation package.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- Employee discount programs.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a global-minded organization and take pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For a more detailed job description, click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com,
Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.