The Alberta Teachers Retirement Fund Board ("ATRF"), one of Canada's fastest growing pension funds and one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers, is building for the future. ATRF has over $16 billion assets under management and is in dedicated service to more than its 80,000 Alberta teacher plan members.
With a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility and integrity, we are currently looking for talented people like you to join our growing team in Edmonton, Alberta. The work in our legal department is diverse and challenging, and ranges from international transactions to pension services to governance and research. We are a small team of in-house professionals who believe in working in partnership alongside other members of the organization and a holistic, commercial and strategic approach to legal services while delivering on the pension promise to Alberta Teachers.
As the newest member of our team, you will report to the Vice President and General Counsel and assist the Legal Services team in executing our strategy and supporting initiatives of the legal department. You will work alongside our investment and pension administration teams, as well as our executive.
The role will collaborate primarily with our Senior Legal counsel and General Counsel and, will interact on a regular basis with our executive, portfolio managers and pension administration staff.
The position will be responsible for a wide range of legal activities including drafting internal governance documents. Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing transactional documents across asset classes, as well as providing commercially-oriented advice on transaction-related issues.
This position will be required to provide advice and support on ongoing asset management of ATRF's portfolio companies and assets through the life of an investment. Also, monitor and provide legal direction and advice with respect to changes in legislation, regulation and case law as they impact ATRF and its subsidiaries.
Qualifications and Experience
- A law degree from an accredited university and eligibility for membership in the Law Society of Alberta.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in private practice and/or a corporate setting.
- A wide range of experience will be considered however prior experience in a regulatory/policy environment (bank or regulatory authority) or with a pension plan would be considered an asset.
As one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers (2017, 2018) we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. For a detail job description click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.