The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund (ATRF) is seeking a Junior Corporate Legal Assistant to join our growing, dynamic and team-oriented Legal Department team located in Edmonton, Alberta. Although this is a junior position, we are looking for someone who is motivated with a keenness to learn and grow.
Reporting to the Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, the Junior Corporate Legal Assistant will work closely with and support team members in the legal department.
- Organization and maintenance of corporate minute books (blocker corporations);
- Annual submission of insurance coverage renewal;
- Act as liaison with the Canada Revenue Agency to obtain business numbers;
- Assist with Know Your Client forms and documents;
- Provide support to the Corporate Secretary and Paralegal with respect to Board and Committee matters;
- Provide administrative support to Legal Counsel and Paralegal;
- Manage travel arrangements for members of the Legal Department (including seminars, accommodations, rentals, airline bookings, etc.);
- Coordinate and book accommodations for external and internal meetings, seminars and events; and
- Other responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate or diploma from a recognized Legal Assistant program;
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in a similar role;
- Technologically adept, and with advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio);
- A positive, self-starter attitude with the ability to take initiative;
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize and be detailed-oriented;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and tact;
- Adapt quickly and comfortably to change;
- Results oriented, highly effective and efficient to manage competing demands.
As one of Alberta's Top Employers for the last three consecutive years we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. For a detailed job description, click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.