The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst, Planning & Reporting to join our dynamic, team-oriented organization in Edmonton, Alberta.
ATRF has created this critical new position of Financial Analyst, Planning & Reporting to assist in guiding ATRF's financial planning and ongoing business management. Responsibilities include supporting the financial and management reporting and analysis, budget and forecast cycles, corporate strategic and business planning process, and benchmarking. The Financial Analyst, Planning & Reporting reports to the Manager, Planning & Reporting.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of ATRF's strategic and business plans;
- Prepare ATRF's financial statements and related working papers;
- Provide support in resolving issues arising from audits;
- Prepare recurring/non-recurring internal and external reporting in a timely and accurate manner;
- Translate data into meaningful information and reporting to enhance business management;
- Prepare working papers for benchmarking activities with external vendors;
- Collaborate with departments to procure relevant information necessary for building budgets and forecasts;
- Analyze and interpret consolidated business unit financial forecast results;
- Present meaningful analysis on forecasts and trends to stakeholders;
- Partner with departments to assist to expand management reporting framework;
- Continuously identify process improvements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of a undergraduate degree – Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent; or Diploma in Finance or Accounting;
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or late stages in completion of program;
- 3-5 years of applicable work experience;
- Experience in audit and internal controls;
- Desirable: Experience working in strategic management and business planning processes;
- Excellent technical skills: Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Accounting Systems and applications;
- Translate complex financial language into non-financial terms;
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills;
- Analyze issues, draw correct conclusions, and articulate conclusions;
- Analyze issues and events and understand the successive impacts;
- Familiar with process and continuous improvement methodologies and technologies;
- Demonstrates excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrates results-driven work ethic;
- Displays strong relationship building skills;
- Demonstrates strong organizational agility.
As one of Alberta's Top Employers for the last three consecutive years we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
For a detail job description click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.