The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
The Executive Assistant provides comprehensive administrative support to all Finance functions and team members. The Executive Assistant contributes to the overall success of the Finance team by providing business coordination and administrative support to Finance employees in the delivery of Finance services, programs and initiatives. The Assistant maintains and manages information, and completes special projects and other duties as assigned. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Finance.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Executive Assistant to provide Finance with a single point of contact for comprehensive business coordination and administrative support in the development and maintenance of Finance processes and workflows. This fulltime position is a member of the Finance team which has a broad responsibility in all aspects of the delivery of high quality services at ATRF.
- Coordinates meetings and external events including facilities and catering, agenda planning, and minutes.
- Development and maintenance of the department calendar of activities (work-plan).
- Coordinates meeting task follow-up and department related Board and Committee action items.
- Coordinates on-boarding activities for new Finance team members.
- Coordinates department information and communication activities.
- Provides assistance with the development, preparation and continuous refinement of Finance templates, forms, and related material, including presentations and reporting.
- Coordinates department level information management.
- Reviews and updates Finance policies and content on the intranet in addition to updates and content administration of related department pages.
- Coordination of intra-department communication and information flow.
- Participation in various ATRF committees.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A post-graduate diploma in Office Administration or other relevant field, plus at least two years of experience or related experience.
- Exercises individual judgement while dealing with potential or real issues on own initiative and advises the Vice President, Finance of issues requiring escalation for prioritization or decision-making.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills (experience in project management would be an asset).
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Specifically Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with digital workplace tools such as SharePoint, Skype, OneNote, etc.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- High level of initiative.
As one of Alberta's Top Employers for the last three consecutive years we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. For a detailed job description click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.