The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $17 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
We are seeking an Associate, Private Equity to join our dynamic, team-oriented organization in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reports to the Co-Heads of Private Equity and works within the Private Equity Team, in the management of ATRF's Private Equity portfolio. This position will assist with all aspects of the evaluation of potential private equity investment opportunities with an emphasis on principal investments with fund investments being a secondary focus. The evaluation work will include, but not be limited to, conducting research, assisting in developing investment recommendations, financial modelling, creating investment presentations / memorandums and transaction analysis. The Associate position will also perform asset management tasks including monitoring, benchmarking and performance measurement of the private equity portfolio.
- Contributes to the implementation of the strategic plan for the growth and ongoing development of ATRF's Private Equity portfolio;
- Works with other Private Equity team members to conduct due diligence and financial modeling analysis on principal investments;
- Conducts and monitors research on market conditions, general industries, companies, and private equity investment opportunities;
- Assist the Private Equity team to analyze and review investment documents, contracts, amendments and consents;
- Assist to prepare internal documentation and approval memos/presentations required for investment decisions;
- Works with other Private Equity team members to monitor existing investments. Assists in managing existing principal investments and general partner relationships;
- Provides guidance to other junior team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of an undergraduate degree (e.g. Business, Finance or Accounting);
- Completion or progress towards a professional designation such as a CFA, CPA, CBV or CAIA;
- 3-5 years of applicable work experience;
- Strong financial modelling and advanced excel spreadsheet skills;
- Experience with putting together detailed PowerPoint presentations;
- Experience with writing multi-page memos and documents using MS Word;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a flat-team structure;
- Ability to set priorities, work within deadlines and make good business decisions;
- Strong analytical skills, technical skills and judgement is required in planning the work;
- Limited travel and overnight stays is a requirement of the position.
For more details about this exciting opportunity please click HERE
As one of Alberta's Top Employers for the last three consecutive years we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.