The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
We are seeking an Associate Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income. The position is responsible to and works with the Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income, in the management of ATRF's fixed income portfolios. This includes management of duration and credit exposures, and the generation and execution of actionable ideas through market research. The Associate Portfolio Manager must continuously grow and adapt to changing demands and market conditions.
The Associate Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income develops and maintains relationships with investment dealers, analysts and other industry participants to ensure information flow and efficient execution of trades. The successful candidate must also be capable of building strong relationships with ATRF's other asset class groups in order to achieve the performance goals of the organization.
This position will conduct general economic analysis, yield curve analysis, credit analysis and associated trading activities. The Associate Portfolio Manager will also be responsible for analyzing and evaluating fixed income opportunities outside of the traditional Canadian bond indices. This includes researching alternative securities, structures and derivatives for internal portfolios. Participation in the monthly and quarterly reporting cycle is also required.
The position may also be required to research, evaluate and recommend alternative external fixed income investment mandates and be responsible for the ongoing management of these relationships.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree (or greater) in Business, Economics or Mathematics;
- Completion of a professional designation such as CFA or equivalent. Candidates who have made substantial progress toward such a designation may also be considered;
- Five to ten years' experience in the industry, with material experience in Canadian fixed income market;
- Knowledge of macroeconomics, econometrics, global capital markets, portfolio theory, and financial instruments, including derivatives;
- Analysis and interpretation of economic and fixed income data;
- Knowledge of fixed income portfolio positioning and security selection;
- Experience with execution of fixed income transactions;
- Experience performing fundamental credit analysis;
- Experience and knowledge of BarraOne or a similar risk system will be a valuable asset;
- Coding skills will be viewed favourably;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers (2017, 2018, 2019) we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience. For a detail job description click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.