The Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund Board (ATRF) is an organization that takes pride in our outstanding investment management and exceptional plan member services, resulting in more than $16 billion of assets under management on behalf of more than 80,000 plan members.
As a growing and diverse organization, we're building for the future and require the skills and talents of people like you. Join our team in Edmonton, Alberta and be part of a high-performing, collaborative group that shares a purpose and a commitment to excellence.
We are seeking an Associate, Infrastructure to join our dynamic, team-oriented organization in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, the Associate will assist with all aspects of the evaluation of potential infrastructure investment opportunities for both principal and fund investments including, but not limited to, conducting research, assisting in developing investment recommendations, financial modeling and deal analysis. The Associate position will also perform monitoring, benchmarking, asset management and performance measurement of the infrastructure portfolios.
The successful candidate for this role will have experience with infrastructure and/or private equity investing, possess strong research, analytical and problem solving skills while demonstrating strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Contribute to implement the strategic plan for the growth and ongoing development of ATRF's Infrastructure portfolio;
- Works with other Infrastructure team members to conduct due diligence and financial modeling analysis on both principal and fund investments;
- Conducts and monitors research on market conditions, general industries, companies, and infrastructure investment opportunities;
- Assists the Infrastructure team members in managing existing co-investments, monitor existing investments, direct investments and general partner relationships;
- Assists with Infrastructure team functions, such as strategic and tactical planning for the infrastructure portfolio;
- Provides guidance to other junior team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of a undergraduate degree - Business, Finance or Accounting;
- Completion or progress towards a professional designation such as a CFA, CPA, CBV or CAIA;
- 3-5 years of applicable work experience;
- Strong financial modelling and advanced excel spreadsheet skills;
- Experience with in putting together detailed PowerPoint presentations;
- Experience with writing multi-page memos and documents using MS Word;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a flat-team structure;
- Ability to set priorities, work within deadlines and make good business decisions;
- Strong Analytical skills, technical skills and judgement is required in planning the work;
- Limited travel and overnight stays as a requirement of the position.
As one of Alberta's Top Employers for the last three consecutive years we offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
- 100% employer paid benefits, defined benefit pension plan, health & wellness spending accounts, paid volunteer time and much more.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development.
- Learning and development supported through ATRF's education reimbursement program.
- An engaging, inclusive culture where you can be you!
At ATRF, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are an organization that takes pride in ensuring the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background, and experience.
For a detailed job description click here.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Attention: Carrine Willocks, Recruitment Specialist.